Tom Moore’s Tavern

Home  »  Slider  »  Tom Moore’s Tavern
Sep 26, 2013 Comments Off on Tom Moore’s Tavern tumkins-ham

In 1652 the Trott family built their family home naming it Walsingham House. The adjacent nature reserve is named after it. In 1804 an Irish poet stayed at Walsingham where he wrote many of his famous poems; and so in time the building was renamed after him. Over a century ago the building became used as a Tavern, and today it is Bermuda oldest (and one of its finest) restaurant.